Sunday, December 28, 2008

An Owl! Finally! After 3 months of searching...

I wish I could say that I found the Owls all by myself, but I didn't. Great thanks goes to Debbie Becker; for leading me, and the rest of the folks on her Birdwalk right to them. Debbie leads Birdwalks in the New York Botanical Garden on most Saturdays.

http://www.nybg.org/wordpress/?p=1413#more-1413

Well Debbie located and pointed out both a Female & Male Great Horned Owl to us. It wasn't easy, those Owls really know how to camouflage themselves.

Here is a pic of the Male, taken with 8x Bushnell binoculars with 3 Megapixel built-in camera.
(which explains why the photo quality is soo poor). The image needed to be enlarged, enhanced, etc. I'm still waiting for my film slides to arrive, at which point, I should have some nice photos to upload.

No comments: