Friday, May 18, 2012

A Rental Home With Well-Balanced Backyard Fauna

...Ahhh...For someone who is fond of insects (and other wildlife). It's so nice to have access to a (rental) home that has a well-balanced selection of backyard critters!
In some ways, I feel like I'm 10 years old again : )

Well, it is the private house rented by my Sister-in-law & Mother-in-law. Conveniently located around the corner from my house. And, so far I've been lucky enough to discover some great picture-taking opportunities.

The funny thing is: I don't even go looking for things - I just notice them, or stumble across them by accident.
I saw this common Jumping Spider, in the corner of my eye. It was just sitting on the concrete wall outside (blending in very nicely, I might add); enjoying the Midge he just caught - Good for him!


I'm afraid the pic isn't very good - And, let's not forget how well he's camouflaged! The coloration & markings on it's abdomen match the house wall perfectly.

I've seen lots of Jumping Spiders recently, in this month of May 2012.

No comments: